Title: Director of Software Engineering
Idea Evolver is seeking an energetic, collaborative, and hands-on director for our software engineering team in our New York City office.
Idea Evolver specializes in leveraging data to inform product development strategies, content marketing, and search experience optimization for Fortune 1000 companies with offices in Philadelphia, New York, and San Francisco.
Notable clients include Dannon, AstraZeneca, United Therapeutics, and K. Hovnanian Homes.
• Be responsible for the timely, reliable delivery of high-quality software. Identify opportunities to improve processes and champion their implementation.
• Prioritize work within and across projects, consistent with deadlines and business value. Provide scoping, staffing and timeline estimates to meet business goals and objectives. Communicate timelines regularly.
• Assist with building our hybrid local and remote team of developers. Coordinate development operations, including sprint planning and execution.
• Develop and maintain a deep technical understanding of our clients needs and existing systems. Participate in coding and code reviews.
• Contribute to the architectural vision and roadmap for information and systems, and oversee the technical delivery of that roadmap. Make architectural decisions that adeptly balance near-term agility and long-term maintainability.
• 6+ years of software development experience, and 2+ years leading software teams.
• Experience in communicating with users and project managers to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical requirements.
• Experience in building a reliable, predictable engineering process based on (non-dogmatic) agile processes.
• Knowledge of software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, QM, CI, CD, testing.
• Experience in systems architecture or similar technical leadership role.
• Experience working on projects requiring validation and/or special attention to Quality Management
• Experience working at startup.
• Experience with security, privacy, and compliance (HIPAA, PCI DSS, FDA Validation etc).
• Front-end development with Vue.js or React.
• DevOps with docker, docker-compose, serverless, salt, ansible, or similar.
• Relational and key-value/document/noSQL database design and practical use.
• API/Web service design using REST, json schema, and/or GraphQL.
• AWS fundamentals and core services (S3, EC2, EBS, RDS, etc).
• Strong experience using Linux in production settings.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to distill complex technical concepts into clear written and verbal messages for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Eagerness and aptitude to switch between thinking globally about systems and locally about components.
• Ambitious, collaborative, kind, and assertive, all at the same time
Compensation and Benefits