Idea Evolver is seeking a full-time Web Developer in Philadelphia, PA.
Idea Evolver specializes in content marketing, search experience optimization and technology.
Notable clients include AstraZeneca, Campbell's Soup, Dannon and K. Hovnanian Homes.
Develops custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP knowledge. Aids sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions.
Provides leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings.
Aids other developers and designers with system design and implementation.
Performs server maintenance and monitoring.
Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
Key Quantifiable Indicators
- 3-5 experience in the web development required.
- Substantial experience working with similar technologies and environment.
- Experienced in developing for WordPress.
- Ability to breakdown client problems and develop a software solution from system design to implementation.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of PHP
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git.
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers
- Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); many of our builds are responsive
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Setting up e-commerce applications
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
- Participating in on-site and off-site client meetings
- Contributing to Idea Evolver's best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
Examples of projects
- Setting up multi-site WordPress builds
- Integrating feeds from social networks
- Custom developing blogs
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- CRM integration
- Developing documentation for complex systems
- Minimal content migration (separate team for this)
- Web Project Planning
- Strategy/New Technologies/New Products
- Web Development and Implementation
- Server Management/Maintenance
- Supporting Internal Growth of Other Developers
- Technical Support
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health and dental
- 15 paid days off plus holidays
- The Sporting Club at The Bellevue membership
- Workstation includes the newest equipment, Herman Miller chair, and a hand-crafted sit/stand desk